Join our team of hospitality stars
We are always looking for superstars
We are seeking a very special person to help us fulfill our mission of providing a unique, boutique hospitality experience that joins the stunning natural beauty of the Columbia River gorge with local, sustainable, community-centered resources in an elegant, historic, retreat-like setting.
This position is primarily food service but includes other duties to ensure an efficient and smooth operation for producing world-class guest service and satisfaction.
We are looking for a competent Restaurant Server to take and deliver orders. You’ll be the face of our restaurant and responsible for our customers’ experiences.
Food server responsibilities include ensuring our tables are clean and tidy when guests arrive, presenting menus and serving food and beverages. You need to be quick on your feet (literally and metaphorically) and have a polite and friendly attitude. If you enjoy talking to people and thrive in a fast-paced workplace, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to provide high-quality service that will help us maintain and attract customers.
· Prepare restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order
· Attend to customers upon entrance
· Present restaurant menus and help customers select food/beverages
· Take and serve orders
· Answer questions or make recommendations for complementary products
· Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen/bar staff
· Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
· Issue bills and accept payment
· Assists with hotel reservations, guest inquiries, guest arrival and check-in as well as end-of-day reports
· Proven restaurant serving or waitering experience
· Hands-on experience in cashier duties
· Attention to cleanliness and safety
· Patience and customer-oriented approach
· Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude
· Responsible and trustworthy
· Food Handlers Permit
· OLCC Service Permit
· Computer literacy – using Hotel Guest Management computer program; MS Word, Excel, researching on the web, posting to social media etc.
· High school diploma is a plus but not required
The Balch Hotel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email or stop by the address below.
The Historic Balch Hotel
40 South Heimrich Street
PO Box 5
Dufur OR 97021
We are changing the way business is done
Be a part of our vision
The Balch Hotel is a unique, boutique hospitality experience that joins the stunning natural beauty of the Columbia River Gorge with local, sustainable, community-centered resources in an elegant, historic, retreat-like setting.
- Exceptional Hospitality
- Elegance and Beauty
- Connection and Community
- Sustainability and Environment
- Creativity and Possibility
We are a regional destination that magnetizes visionary thinkers and leaders who need a place to relax and restore themselves. We provide amazing experiences of reconnection that allow our hotel, retreat and wedding guests’ lives to flourish. We embrace a new model for sustainable, collaborative, visionary business that honors work/life balance.