Eat at the Balch!
You no longer have to leave the lovely Balch grounds to satisfy your hunger. We heard your pleas and we're excited to offer you an option for mid-day and evening meals.
Eat in our dining room, parlor, or outdoors on the patio. Sip wine, beer or fancy soda from our extensive local list. Lovely!
Choose from our Light Fare Menu, updated seasonally:
- Mediterranean wrap with fresh organic greens, quinoa, natural, cage-free chicken breast and feta dill dressing in a warmed, sprouted wheat wrap. Served with chips and fruit garnish. (A favorite!)
- Fresh salad of organic baby greens with (or without) grilled natural chicken breast, crumbled cheese, nuts and cranberries, with house-made vinaigrette dressing. Clean and delicious.
- Delicious house made soups: Cassoulette, 3 Bean Chili, Wild Rice and Corn and others. Served with hearty bread or crackers. Rustic and yummy.
- Seasonal cheese and fruit plate: a variety of tastes to suit your palette.
- Hummus and Antipasto plates. Hearty yet light.
- Dinner specials on the weekends such as Hazelnut Grilled Salmon with garlic green beans and smashed potatoes, Pork Loin with caramelized pears and organic spinach salad. Varies nightly. Inquire for details
We source local and organic whenever possible. We feature natural products from our neighbor, Azure Standard
We offer a lovely selection of wine from local wineries, available by the bottle and glass.
We also offer locally brewed beer, cider and specialty sodas, along with complementary teas and house-made (secret recipe) malty cocoa and lemon water (in the summer).
Simple wholesome elegant fare
Included in your night's stay is breakfast the next morning! Start the day at our delicious home made breakfast buffet. We source local and organic whenever possible. We feature natural products from our neighbor, Azure Standard
Enjoy a buffet of freshly baked mini fritattas and homemade muffins and granola, along with hard boiled eggs, seasonal fruit and vanilla yogurt. Yum.
A variety of juices, tea and coffee also awaits you. We offer Balch blend coffee from Hood River Roasters, artisan teas from Good Medicine Tea (in Hood River) and our own secret-recipe malty cocoa, made here with love.
Or enjoy a Mimosa for those special occasions. And when it comes to mornings at a charming getaway in the Gorge, when isn't it a special occasion? ;)
To-go breakfasts are available for you busy travelers. Please let us know when you check in and we'll have that ready for you when you depart.
For your day's adventure , we offer box lunches for your mid-day munching. If you day is likely to include visiting local wineries or museums this can be a real treat when you realize you're hungry. (Please order in advance so we can prepare this fresh for you.)
Our box lunches include:
- Mediterranean wrap with fresh greens, quinoa, organic chicken and feta dill dressing.
- Fresh organic baby greens or spinach salad with or without grilled chicken and tomato vinaigrette dressing.
- Seasonal fruit/cheese, hummus and antipasto plates.
- Delicious house made soups with artisan bread.
But really, sit and stay a while, if you can. You'll like it.