Simple wholesome elegant fare
Start the day with our delicious home made breakfast. We source local and organic whenever possible. We feature natural products from our neighbor, Azure Standard
Enjoy a buffet of freshly baked mini fritattas and homemade muffins and granola, along with hard boiled eggs, seasonal fruit and vanilla yogurt.
A variety of juices, tea and coffee awaits you. We offer Balch blend coffee from Hood River Roasters, malty cocoa and a variety of specialty teas.
Or enjoy a Mimosa for those special occasions. And when it comes to mornings at a charming getaway in the Gorge, when isn't it a special occasion? ;)
To-go breakfasts are available for you busy travelers. For mid-day munching, we offer box lunches for your touring pleasure. (Please inquire in advance so we can prepare this fresh for you.) But really if you can, sit and stay a while. You'll like it.
Our box lunches include:
- Mediterranean wrap with fresh greens, quinoa, organic chicken and feta dill dressing
- Fresh organic baby greens or spinach salad with or without grilled chicken and tomato vinaigrette dressing
- Delicious house made soups
- Seasonal cheese and fruit, hummus and antipasto plates.
Lunch and Dinner
Eat at the Balch!
We heard your cries and we're excited to offer you an option for mid-day and evening meals. You no longer have to leave the lovely Balch grounds to satisfy your hunger.
Eat in our dining room, parlor, or outdoors on the patio. Sip wine, beer or fancy soda from our extensive local list. Lovely!
Choose from our Light Fare Menu, updated seasonally:
- Mediterranean wrap with fresh organic greens, quinoa, natural, cage-free chicken breast and feta dill dressing in a warmed, sprouted wheat wrap. Served with chips and fruit garnish. (Cute!)
- Fresh organic baby greens salad with (or without) grilled natural chicken breast, crumbled cheese, nuts and cranberries, with house-made vinaigrette dressing. Clean and delicious.
- Delicious house made soups: Cassoulette, 3 Bean Chili, Wild Rice and Corn and others. Served with hearty bread or crackers. Rustic and yummy.
- Seasonal cheese and fruit plate. A variety of tastes to suit your palette.
- Hummus and/or Antipasto plates. Hearty yet light.
We source local and organic whenever possible. We feature natural products from our neighbor, Azure Standard
We offer a lovely selection of wine from local wineries, available by the bottle and glass.
We also offer locally brewed beer and specialty sodas, along with complementary teas and house-made (secret recipe) malty cocoa and lemon water (in the summer).